It’s that time of the year again! This weekend is Volleyball BC‘s 2021 Beach Volleyball Provincials. We are super stoked to see such dedicated beach volleyball players doing what they do best!
Read on to learn more about what services you can expect, what KidSport BC is all about, and how you can support this amazing cause.
What services can I expect from the Lift Clinic Team?
As we’ve done in the past, the Lift Clinic team will be setting up shop on-site from start to finish. Our physiotherapists, massage therapists, chiropractors, and strength coaches will be on deck, ready to assess and treat competitors. As a competitor, you have access to first-class treatment by our clinicians. This won’t be your typical patch job either! You can still expect our classic full head-to-toe assessments and team-based care.
Here are the services you expect from us at this event:
- proactive, performance orientated assessments
- jump testing and movement analysis with our strength coaches
- a variety of treatments from chiropractors, massage therapists, and physiotherapists
- first aid care for your scrapes, sprains, strains, pains, the works!
In the past, we’ve provided services to competitors on a by-donation basis. This year, the Lift Team has decided to give back to our wonderful community. Services will be offered by donation, with 100% of the proceeds going to KidSportBC!
What is KidSport BC?
KidSport BC is a province-wide non-profit organization that strives to support kids in their involvement with organized sports.
Their mission: “We believe that no kid should be left on the sidelines and all should be given the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. KidSport provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.”
“We work to remove the financial barriers that prevent some children from playing organized sport!”
To learn more about KidSportBC and all that they do, click here.
KidSport BC funds 6o organized sports!!! A few examples include:
- school sports
- special Olympics
- deaf and blind sports
We at Lift Clinic chose this organization as our fundraising partner because we fully agree that kids should be able to and encouraged to participate in sports and physical activity. We believe that an active kid promotes a happy, healthy kid.
How do organized sports benefit kids?
Participating in physical activity in general, including the very very young and very very old, has a whole textbook of benefits. KidSport BC believes sport provides kids with the opportunity to:
- Become physically active
- Improve their self-esteem and self-confidence
- Learn life-long skills
- Improve their academic performance
- Make new friends
- Share and celebrate their culture
- Contribute to a strong, healthy community
How Can I Donate to KidSport BC?
There are three options to make a donation:
- Cash. Ask us for a donor form if you would like a receipt for tax purposes (for donations over $20).
- Credit card. Scan the QR code with your camera app to donate online direct to KidSport BC. A tax receipt will be emailed to you.
- Pay for a full appointment. Just like a normal appointment, pay by credit card OR we can direct bill your extended health for physio, chiro, and RMT, and we will donate 100% of proceeds to KidSport BC.
Can’t make it to the event this weekend but still want to donate? You can still make a donation towards this awesome cause by going here.
How much should I donate?
That’s entirely up to you! Bear in mind, 100% of proceeds go back to this amazing organization.
Another thing to consider is that at Lift Clinic, a half hour appointment with our clinicians goes for $80-90, yet you’ll be receiving our usual top-of-the-line treatment at your own price!