Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for considering Lift Clinic as part of you rehabilitation and performance team. We understand that you may have questions about how we operate. Here is a list of answers to some commonly asked questions. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us!
Your health and well-being matters as much as ever. We want to thank you for giving us the chance to work with you and supporting us as we rebuild after a lengthy closure. We remain committed to help you heal and thrive in this challenging time, and are so thankful for your support as we work to get through this together.
Currently, we are offering in person treatment and virtual treatments.
What we are doing:
- Staff screened for symptoms of Covid daily prior to shift
- Best-practice cleaning and sanitization procedures between every session for clinicians and all contact surfaces.
- Incorporate virtual treatment in your treatment plan where appropriate
- Wearing PPE (mask) for your session
- Where possible, sessions are spaced out so they don’t start at the same time
Read more here: https://liftclinic.ca/covid-19-procedures/
Even one minor symptom is a concern, we’re grateful for your vigilance and caution. If you are booked for an in-person session but it is determined that you don’t meet pre-screening criteria, your session will be changed to a virtual appointment at the same scheduled time. Massage therapy appointments may be re-booked without a late-cancellation fee.
The screening survey will arrive as an email from our booking system, Janeapp, 2 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Please keep an eye out for it. It should take 2-3 minutes to complete. This is a requirement of our profession and is considered mandatory for our appointments. Stopping the spread of coronavirus begins by limiting potential exposure so this is a great way to keep us all safe.
If you have a preference, then it’s your choice to decide who to see first. At Lift Clinic, we work as a team, so after the first appointment, the clinician that you see may refer you appropriately for physio, chiro or massage therapy for your next appointment. Our physios might refer you to our RMT if they feel that you would benefit from more soft tissue work. Our RMT may refer you to our chiro if they feel you would benefit from joint mobilisation and manipulation. And a chiro may refer a patient to a physio for IMS, and other modalities, and active rehabilitation.
As a team, we discuss and collaborate to develop treatment plans when patients are shared between clinicians. Through collaboration, we can come together to create a more comprehensive treatment plan to help with your recovery.
Your first appointment will usually go for 60 minutes.
Your subsequent visits with a physiotherapist or a chiropractor will most likely go for 30 minutes unless your clinician recommends 60 minutes (usually for more complex cases)
RMT appointments usually go for 60 minutes.
Yes. We currently do direct billing with these insurers:
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Desjardins Insurance
- Canada Life
- Industrial Alliance Financial Group
- Johnston Group
- Maximum Benefit
- Standard Life
- Sun Life Financial
If there is a gap, you can pay the reminder with your card.
If your insurance is not on the list, you can pay up front and then we will email you an invoice which you can submit to your healthcare provider.
- Loose fitting, comfortable clothing that allows easy access to your affected areas (shorts and t-shirt/singlet is fine)
- Any relevant brace, orthotics, footwear
- Any relevant referral letters (i.e from doctors or coaches), relevant imaging
- If you haven’t filled out the online booking form, bring your private health care provider card, ICBC claim number (if relevant)
Please try to give at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to reschedule a visit. Charges may apply for any appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, and for any missed appointments without any notice. Coverage through your health care provider will not reimbursed fees for missed appointments.
Lift Performance and Rehabilitation Clinic is located at: 1558 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5N 2R9.
There is street parking available in the area. Please note: Street parking directly in front of the clinic (on Kingsway) is not available from 3pm to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
You do not need a doctor’s referral or imaging before coming in to see one of us. However, check with your private health care provider to see if they require a doctor’s referral for reimbursement.
On your first visit, one of our clinicians will complete a comprehensive evaluation of your current condition. This will include a history taking where the clinician may ask you questions about your current condition, and an in-depth assessment of your movement. The clinician will also provide the first treatment session. The information from the assessment and treatment will provide us with information to guide the treatment plan. This may include establishing treatment goals, a home exercise program and self-management strategies. The appointment will take approximately an hour.
Yes we do. Once your claim goes through with ICBC, they will preauthorize 25 Physiotherapy Visits, 12 Massage Therapy Visits and 25 Chiropractor visits within 12 weeks. Just bring in your claim number, adjustor’s name and the adjustors phone number to your first visit.
People come in with all kinds of injuries, so it really depends. Different people with different injuries and different goals require a different course of treatment. Even if two people have two similar injuries, they may require a different amount of time to get better.
Our clinicians can provide a prognosis and estimate of your recovery timeline after the initial assessment. The timeline may change as the treatment course progresses.
This is different for everyone, but we do encourage you to try virtual. Some clinics in Canada are making their initial assessment mandatory by virtual.
Our physiotherapists can provide an online video physiotherapy appointment (powered by Jane App). Simply book an online session with one of our clinicians and click the email link provided to join the video call at your appointment time.
This service may benefit you if you:
- Are feeling ill or currently in self-isolation/quarantine
- Have young children to babysit at home
- Are located far away from the clinic (rural area)
- Have limited time in your schedule due to work hours
- Are unable to travel to the clinic due to limited transportation options or limited mobility
- Prefer the comfort and convenience of staying at home
This service allows us to provide high quality assessment and treatment via video from the comfort of your own home. During the appointments, you can expect one of our physiotherapists to:
- Listen to your story and your concerns
- Ask you questions about your condition
- Assess your movement
- Provide education about your pain/condition
- Guide you to set realistic recovery goals
- Develop a treatment plan, and an estimated timeline of your recovery
- Prescribe home exercise program, and self-management techniques
- Refer you to other services or specialists when appropriate
- Determine whether online video appointments are appropriate for your condition, or if you would benefit more from an in-clinic appointments
Currently many insurers cover online video appointments. We can also do direct billing for video appointments with many of these insurers. Some of the insurers included are:
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Canada Life (Great West Life)
ICBC will cover video appointments on a case by case basis.
Check with your insurer to see if you are eligible.